Yellowing or discoloration of teeth, aging of teeth, bad odor of the breath, ulcers and blisters in mouth are a few common problem that affect all humans at any age at least once in lifetime that’s why taking care of teeth is very important. As one take care of your health, similarly every one should be taking care of teeth too.
There are some home remedies and certain points that can be considered in order to enhance the oral health of your and keep up your health. Due to change in life style and dietary pattern the problems of teeth has been reported with high percentage.
The main hurdles when we try taking care of teeth includes the following:-
- No time for fruits and salad
- High consumption of alcohol
- Raised consumption of tobacco/smoking
- Elevated intake of paan and paan masala,gutka supari etc
- Usage of packed and processed food.
- High consumption of ready to eat food.
- Increased intake of junk food stuffs.
- Eating at odd times
- Irregular brushing habit
- Not changing the toothbrush in time.
- All the above stated reasons have affected the overall oral health.
- Taking Care of Teeth is vital to lead a healthy life ahead.
- Pain in teeth /toothache
- Fowl breathe
- Teeth cavity
- Tooth decay
- Swelling of gum
- Mouth ulcers.
These are the most common problems of teeth, with which each one of us has deal with these problem.
Foul odor of breath.
It is one of the most common problem people suffer from bad or foul odor the remedy to cure it includes:-
Keep the clove or cardamom in mouth and do not swallow it. Keep it in mouth for about 15 minutes. Bad odor will end.
To make teeth and gum strong, chew the rose petals. It is effective in treating the foul odor of breath. It is also recommendable in treating pyorrhea.
If the foul breath happens due to bad digestion. Then eat half spoon of fennel seeds. Eating fennel seeds daily after food is helpful in preventing mouth ulcers or diseases and dry cough sere throat and hardness of speech etc. are also benefited if ingested half spoon of fennel seeds.
Grind the small stick of Terminalia chebula (Myrobalan or Harad in Hindi). Apply it at the mouth and tongue ulcers. If in case the medicines are not heeling the ulcers, apply this twice or thrice a day. You will be benefitted.
Having Harad’s stick and keeping it in the mouth for some time, after dinner is beneficial. It helps in treating ulcers those occurred due to some diseases of pancreas and intestine. It also helps in killing bacteria present in the stomach. Furthermore, it boosts the immunity too.
Add 4-5 drops of Tulsi or eat 2-3 leafs and then drink water by half a glass. It will give relief from ulcers and can abolish mouths foul odor.
Mix 2 pinch of powdered of Suhaga, an Ayurvedic herb, in 15 gm Glycerin. Rub this paste over mouth ulcers twice or thrice a day. It will give relief in a week or so.
People suffering from mouth ulcers must include 2 tomatoes daily in your diet.
Add clean water in 30 gms of concentrated tomato juice and do gargles twice a day. It will cure mouth, tongue and lips ulcers.
Caution while brushing up your teeth
- Do not skip brushing your teeth in any circumstances until your dentist ask you to do so.
- Gently do the brushing.
- Use soft brush with good quality toothpaste.
- But keep in mind the direction of brushing.
- It has t be done from gums towards the front teeth.
Points to Remember
- Do not eat extreme hot or cold food stuff
- Do not drink extreme cold or chilled water after eating ht food products.
- One must do gargles daily, after brushing up the teeth.
- Add some black salt too. It will take a good care of your teeth and prevents any tooth decay or damage.
- One must brush twice a day.
- If used Indian Lilac (Neem) in any form to clean your teeth it will prevent any teeth problem to occur.
- Mixing a pinch of turmeric in mustard oil and applying it before you sleep.
- Keep it over night.
- It will provide relief from pyorrhea, tooth ache, swelling of gums, teeth sensitivity, and tooth hemorrhage in couple of weeks.
- Using cardamom oil once or twice a day can benefit while tooth ache.
- Eating cardamom prevents mouth odor.
- Applying walnut powder at gums for over a week gives relief from bleeding gums.
- Eating black pepper on using black pepper powder keeps the teeth clean.
- On the other hand, prevents toothache too.
Taking Care of Teeth and oral health is as important as taking care of your general health. It is of utmost importance as its deterioration affects the livelihood and quality of life.